How Safe Do You Feel on the Cross Bronx Expressway?
Not for nothing, the Cross Bronx Expressway is known as America’s parking lot, and if the Cross Bronx leaves you feeling nervous, there’s a good reason for that. In fact, there is a specific section of this expressway that’s been identified as the fifth most dangerous spot in the nation by Go Safe Labs (a nonprofit that crunches data in support of infrastructure safety advancements). If a negligent driver leaves you injured on the Cross Bronx Expressway – or anywhere else in the city, don’t wait to consult with an experienced NYC personal injury attorney today.
The stretch of road that ranks fifth in the nation for the number of serious accidents it saw in 2019 is the Cross Bronx Expressway (I-95) at Sedgwick Avenue – east of Harlem River. If you drive through this gauntlet regularly – or ever – be on your toes and make driving safely your primary priority. Unfortunately, the city’s notoriety for dangerous roads doesn’t end here, and the following two spots also made the nation’s top 10 danger zones:
- Just past the Alexander Hamilton Bridge on I-95 at Harlem River Drive (west of Harlem River), there were 208 major accidents in 2019, which makes it the second most dangerous piece of road in the country.
- Just before the George Washington Bridge on I-95 at Riverside Drive, there were 132 serious accidents in 2019, which makes it number 7 in the lineup of 10 most dangerous driving spots in the nation.
In other words, NYC sees more than its share of dangerous traffic hotspots.
Traffic accidents don’t happen in a vacuum. In fact, they’re typically caused by negligent drivers, and such negligence can take many different dangerous forms, including:
- Distraction – Life is distracting, but when we get behind the wheel, it’s time to put those distractions away. Distracted motorists are often the impetus behind dangerous accidents, and smartphones tend to be the distraction of choice.
- Impairment – Drinking and driving are a deadly combination, but some motorists refuse to take the matter seriously enough to quit this dangerous practice.
- Exhaustion – Exhaustion has many of the same deleterious effects that impairment does, but many motorists fail to take the necessary precautions to ensure that they aren’t drowsy behind the wheel.
- Excess Speed – Speed is not only a major cause of accidents but also makes those accidents more dangerous.
- Aggression – Aggression is the holy grail of dangerous driving and tends to involve more than one exceptionally dangerous practice during any given outing.
You Need an Experienced NYC Personal Injury Attorney in Your Corner
If a negligent motorist leaves you injured in a traffic-accident hotspot – or anywhere else in the city – the dedicated NYC personal injury attorneys at Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman are backed by an impressive reputation that spans more than six decades. Our team is dedicated to helping victims obtain the compensation they deserve, and we are standing by to help you. To learn more, please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 212-285-3300 today.