New York Bricklayer Accident Lawyers
Aggressive Construction Accident Attorney in NYC Helping Workers Recover Compensation
Construction is non-stop in this city, with new buildings going up in every neighborhood every day. All this construction makes it a great time to be a bricklayer.
However, construction is also one of the most dangerous occupations, and bricklayers are not spared from suffering serious injuries on the job. Even if you do everything right, the carelessness of someone else on the job site can seriously compromise your health and safety.
If you’ve been injured on the job, contact a Queens bricklayer attorney today for a free consultation.
How Bricklayers Are Injured
Many of our clients come to us after a bad accident at work, one which they could not have foreseen and could not have prepared for. You might have been injured by:
- Falling objects. Bricklayers often work below other construction workers, and it is not unusual for objects to fall, whether tools, materials, or debris. Even wearing a hard hat cannot completely protect a bricklayer from suffering serious head injuries.
- Impacts from machinery. Heavy machinery can accidentally hit a bricklayer, especially when machine operators are careless or improperly trained. Machinery can also crush a bricklayer who gets trapped beneath it.
- Power tools. A bricklayer can be cut by certain power tools used on the job.
- Electrocution. Bricklayers often work around power sources, which can lead to electrocutions when property safety precautions are not taken.
- Falls. A bricklayer might work higher up and fall from scaffolding or a ladder.
- Inhalation of dust. Silica dust, in particular, can lead to an occupational illness.
The key to your claim will be to determine whether someone is legally to blame for the injury. For example, scaffolding might have been staged improperly. An object might have fallen because a construction worker was careless in how he stored his materials or tools.
When someone else is to blame for the accident, you might have a legal case above and beyond workers’ compensation. Bringing a claim can help you receive full compensation for all your losses, including pain and suffering or emotional distress. Meet with one of our Queens bricklayer attorneys to review the circumstances of your injury.
Injuries to Bricklayers
The injuries our clients have suffered range from moderate to life-threatening:
- Cuts or lacerations
- Crush injuries
- Back injuries
- Joint injuries
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Breathing problems
- Facial disfigurement
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries will heal with a few months of rest or rehabilitation. However, other injuries require surgery to give our clients the best chance of getting well. It is not unusual for injured victims to miss several months of work as they try to recover.
Contact a New York Bricklayer Lawyer for a Free Consultation
After an accident, you might feel powerless and not think you have anyone in your corner. Fortunately, help is available. Let one of the attorneys at Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman analyze your case to determine what compensation you are owed and how you can bring a claim. Injured bricklayers should receive workers’ compensation for on-the-job injuries, but more compensation is sometimes available. Schedule a free consultation with us by calling 212-285-3300 or completing our contact form.