New York City Compressor Accident Lawyers
Compressors play an important role in construction work. Because these powerful machines have the potential to do immense damage, OSHA has established exacting safety guidelines regarding their operation. When these guidelines are neglected or ignored by construction companies, life-threatening compressor accidents can be the result. If a compressor accident on the job leaves you or a loved one injured, don’t put off consulting with an experienced NYC construction accident attorney.
Common Causes of Compressor Accidents
Compressor explosions leave everyone in the vicinity of the machine extremely vulnerable to horrific consequences. While every compressor accident claim involves its own specifics, most causes fall into the following common classifications:
- Compressors that are poorly maintained
- Compressors that are improperly stored
- Compressors that are defective by design or manufacture or that contain defective parts
- Misuse of compressors and/or failure to follow all necessary safety protocols
- Inadequate training, experience, or care on the part of compressor operators
Regardless of the cause of the compressor accident that leaves you injured, consulting with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney is well-advised.
The injuries you suffer as a result of a compressor accident can be extremely serious, including:
- Smoke inhalation and/or exposure to toxic gases that can lead to life-threatening health complications
- Severe burns and/or cuts that are closely associated with dangerous infections and other serious secondary health concerns
- Broken bones
- Head trauma, including concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
A compressor accident can alter the course of your life in an instant, and the physical and financial damages associated with these terrifying accidents can be overwhelming.
The damages you suffer as a result of a compressor accident are likely to be extensive. Typically, injuries on the job are processed through worker’s compensation, which covers your medical costs and a specific percentage of your lost earnings. The idea behind workers’ compensation is to help balance the employee’s need to recover on his or her losses with the unchecked financial risk that the employer faces from work-related injury lawsuits, including those that stem from compressor accidents. In highly specific situations, however, you may be able to seek damages beyond those covered by workers’ comp, including your physical and emotional pain and suffering. Factors that allow you to pursue a claim outside of workers’ compensation include:
- If the negligence of a third-party, such as another construction company or the property owner, is responsible or partially responsible for your injuries
- If your injuries were the result of your employer’s intentional act (in which case, adding punitive damages to your claim may be a possibility).
Reach out to an Experienced NYC Construction Accident Attorney
The respected construction accident attorneys at Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman – one of New York City’s oldest and most well-respected personal injury firms – understand the difficult position you are in and are committed to skillfully advocating for your claim’s most favorable resolution. Our knowledgeable legal team is here to help, so please contact or call us at 212-285-3300 today.