New York Defective Tire Attorneys
Experienced Lawyers Helping People Hurt in Serious Accidents
The tires on our vehicles are what connect us to the road, and when a tire or tires are defective, it can lead to extremely dangerous accidents. When tires fail to perform safely, motorists pay the price. If a defective tire leaves you injured, you need an experienced New York City product liability attorney on your side.
Putting Things in Perspective
To highlight just how much we depend upon our tires for safe travels, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) indicates that Americans put 3.2 trillion (yes, trillion) miles on our tires in 2017. The sad reality is that that same year, 738 people lost their lives in tire-related crashes. Tires are so critical to our ability to drive safely that NHTSA has a campaign entitled Tires: Your safety and your life are riding on them, which pretty much says it all.
Your Vehicle’s Tires
You purchase new tires to help keep your vehicle driving smoothly and safely, and when you purchase tires and have them mounted, you expect the tires to increase the safety of your ride – not endanger you and your family. You keep your end of the bargain by purchasing new tires when they're needed and by keeping them rotated, appropriately filled, and balanced, and you certainly want to believe that you can rely upon the tire manufacturer, tire dealer, and installer to live up to theirs. Unfortunately, however, this isn’t always the case.
Liability for dangerously defective or damaged tires can come from many parties, including:
- The tire’s designer may be responsible for creating a dangerous design to begin with (for the tire itself or for a component of the tire).
- The tire’s manufacturer may be responsible for faulty manufacturing (for the tire itself or for a component of the tire).
- The tire dealer may be responsible for selling you tires that weren’t safe for your vehicle or for selling you tires that were known to be dangerous.
- The mechanic shop or tire dealer that mounted your tires may have done so incorrectly.
- The mechanic shop that performs your regular maintenance may have caused the issue.
Most Common Tire Defects
Every product liability caseinvolving tire defects is specific to the situation at hand, but there are several kinds of defects that commonly apply, including:
- When the tire’s tread separates from the tire itself
- When the tire’s tread separates from the steel belt
- When tires don’t show the actual amount of wear on their tread (making them appear safer than they are)
- When tires are mounted improperly
- When a tire or tires that aren’t the right size are mounted on a vehicle
You Need an Experienced NYC Product Liability Attorney on Your Side
If a defective tire leaves you injured, the dedicated product liability attorneys at Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman in NYC are committed to zealously defending your rights in support of the compensation to which you are entitled. We have legal roots in the City that date back for more than 80 years, and we’re here to help you when you need us. To learn more, please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 212-285-3300 today.