New York City Trip & Fall Pothole Accident Lawyers
Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers in NYC Helping Truck Accident Victims Recover Compensation
When a large truck, tractor-trailer, or construction vehicle collides with a much smaller passenger vehicle, the smaller vehicle, in many instances, does not stand a chance. This is especially true when the larger truck is moving at a high rate of speed, or the driver is not paying attention to the road.
Truck accidents can involve many different types of trucks, including 18-wheelers, transporters, delivery trucks, and dump trucks. If you have been injured in an accident involving one of these vehicles, you might be able to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Since the state of New York is a no-fault state when it comes to motor vehicle collisions, you may only be able to sue the at-fault driver under certain circumstances. The experienced New York City truck accident attorneys at Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman, P.C. can help you determine whether those circumstances apply to your personal injury case.
Our experienced team represents truck accident victims throughout New York City, including in and around Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens. Please call us today at 212-285-3300, or contact us online.
Types of Truck Accidents
There are also many types of collisions that are specific to large commercial trucks, such as:
Who or What Could Cause a Truck Accident?
Truck accidents that involved tractor-trailers, dump trucks, and service trucks can occur for a variety of different reasons. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents in New York City include the following:
● Distracted driving – where the truck driver is not paying attention to the road but instead is texting on his or her cell phone or using a GPS device while operating the vehicle
● Failing to follow safety rules and protocols — where the truck driver is not following the proper regulations and protocols that should be followed on the road, including the applicable motor carrier regulations, leading to an accident
● Breaking the law — where the truck driver violates a rule of the road, such as by breaking the speed limit or weaving in and out of traffic, causing a serious traffic collision
● Violating motor carrier regulations — where the truck driver or trucking company fails to follow the necessary and proper loading or unloading procedures or fails to fasten cargo to the trailer securely
Whenever negligence on the part of a truck driver and/or a trucking company results in a serious accident that causes serious or permanent injuries, the accident victim might be able to file a lawsuit against the individual driver, as well as the trucking company.
Call Us Today to Schedule a Free Case Evaluation with a New York City Truck Accident Lawyer
If you have suffered an injury or disability in a truck accident, under some circumstances, you might be able to seek recovery from the trucking company or the trucking company’s liability insurer. This is especially true if you suffered a permanent injury in the truck accident, if you lost a limb, or if you sustained a bone fracture.
The experienced personal injury lawyers at Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman, P.C. can determine your legal rights and assist you throughout any personal injury case that you file. To schedule a free consultation or case evaluation with a New York City truck accident lawyer, please call us today at 212-285-3300, or contact us online.
- New York City Truck Brake Failure Accident Lawyers
- New York City Cargo-Related Truck Accident Lawyers
- New York City Trucker Fatigue Accident Lawyers
- NYC Improperly Loaded Truck Accident Lawyers
- New York City Truck Jackknife Accident Lawyers
- New York Rear-End Truck Accident Lawyers
- New York City Truck Rollover Accident Lawyers
- New York City Runaway Trailer Accident Lawyers
- New York City Tire Tread Separation Blowout Lawyers
- New York City Underride Accident Lawyers