NYC Roof Fall Accident Attorneys
Construction work is inherently dangerous, regardless of where it happens. When that work takes place on rooftops, it's more dangerous still, exposing workers to a risk of extremely serious injury. In fact, New York's labor laws address this inherent danger specifically and grant special protections for those construction workers who work on roofs. If you or someone you love has been injured in a roof fall accident, don't delay contacting an experienced NYC construction accident attorney.
Roof Fall Accidents
Every roof fall accident is unique to its own circumstances, and while these dangerous accidents can happen for any number of reasons, there are several safety lapses that frequently contribute to or directly cause roof fall accidents, including:
- Inadequate number of roofing brackets and/or hooks
- Absence of safety guardrails and/or harnesses (or guardrails and/or harnesses that are inadequate in quality and/or number)
- Loose shingles that lead to slip and fall accidents
- Failing to take high winds and rainy conditions into careful account
- Heavy equipment that can injure rooftop workers or knock them off
- Loose objects and equipment falling from roofs (endangering those working below)
- Collapsing roofs, which can injure both rooftop workers and those working below
These and any other unsafe working conditions and/or faulty equipment can all lead to extremely serious – or even deadly – accidents.
Construction workers aren’t the only employees who find themselves working on roofs. Such workers can include:
- HVAC workers
- Tradespeople who engage in shingling, erecting roof trusses, installing gutters, and/or inspecting or repairing roofs
The losses (or damages) associated with your roof fall accident are likely extensive. Falls are dangerous, and falls from heights are considerably more so. The associated losses you may find yourself facing include:
- Medical Expenses – The medical costs associated with a roof fall accident are often immense and can extend far into the future. Falls from heights can lead to serious injuries such as paralysis that require long-term, ongoing health care, and medical interventions. Further, such injuries often beget serious secondary health concerns.
- Lost Wages – If you’ve been injured in a roof fall accident, you’re obviously going to be missing some work and will experience diminished earnings. If your injury is serious – as is common with this type of accident – you could also face a loss of earnings into your future or even a permanent disability.
Don’t Delay Contacting an Experienced NYC Construction Accident Attorney
Accidents associated with falls from roofs are among the deadliest work accidents. If you or a loved one has been so injured – or worse – the dedicated construction accident attorneys at Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman have extensive experience successfully guiding cases like yours toward optimal resolutions, and we’re committed to helping you. Our firm’s roots date back 80 years, and we take great pride in skillfully serving the residents of New York City. Our formidable legal team is on your side, so please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 212-285-3300for more information today.