New York City Trampoline Injury Lawyers
Trampolines are nothing if not extremely fun. After all, they offer your children the opportunity to be airborne – if only for a moment or two. While the yielding surface of trampolines seems quite safe, trampoline injuries are actually very common and tend to be extremely dangerous. If someone else’s negligence leaves your child with a trampoline injury, speak with an experienced New York City trampoline injury attorney about your best steps forward today.
The only opportunity children used to have for jumping on trampolines was if they had one in their backyard – or if a friend in the neighborhood did. In recent years, however, there has been a proliferation of trampoline parks and gyms where children can go and jump on trampolines to their hearts’ content. With all this availability, however, comes an increase in serious trampoline accidents.
The Appearance Safety
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), trampolines can cause serious pediatric injuries. When you see a trampoline park or gym, it lends legitimacy to the activity. After all, how can something that is dangerous to begin with be turned into a thriving business?
Unfortunately, safety doesn’t seem to play a primary role in these enterprises’ business models. Parents are well-aware that swimming pools are very dangerous for young children and that they need constant monitoring. Although trampolines have injury rates that are similar to pools, they don’t have the same reputation for danger.
Trampoline Injuries are Common
Consider the following dire statistics as they relate to trampoline accidents and injuries:
- The S. Consumer Product Safety Commission National Electronic Injury Surveillance System reports that there were more than 1 million emergency room visits related to trampoline injuries in the course of a decade.
- The vast majority of those injured were under the age of 17.
- One-third of the injuries sustained on trampolines were broken bones.
- One in every 200 of the injuries sustained on trampolines led to permanent neurologic damage.
- The rise of commercial trampoline parks has caused a considerable uptick in the risk of children suffering orthopedic injuries, including injuries that require surgery.
- In a four-year period, the number of emergency room visits due to trampoline accidents increased more than ten times (from 600 to nearly 7,000)
The verdict is in, and the jury finds trampoline accidents extremely dangerous. In fact, AAP issued a statement that says, “use of trampolines is dangerous for children and should be strongly discouraged.”
Speak with an Experienced New York City Trampoline Injury Attorney Today
If someone else’s negligence leaves your child with a serious injury from jumping on a trampoline, the trampoline injury attorneys at Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman – serving New York City for more than 80 years – are well-prepared to aggressively advocate on behalf of your rights and for your child’s rightful compensation. To learn more about how we can help, please don’t wait to contact us online or call us at 212-285-3300 today. We are ready to help you and your family.