New York City Crane Accident Lawyers
Construction work is nothing if not hazardous, but crane operators – and those working near their cranes – are particularly vulnerable to catastrophic injuries. The dedicated crane accident attorneys at Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman in NYC are backed by decades of experience successfully representing those injured in crane accidents caused by someone else’s negligence. Your rightful compensation is our sole motivation, and we have a long history of obtaining multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for clients just like you.
Fatal Crane Accidents
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics shares that in the seven years from 2011 to 2017, there was an average of 42 deaths related to crane accidents each year. The number of serious crane-related injuries is, of course, much higher. Crane accidents happen, and they often cause catastrophic injuries.
Cranes are commonly used in the construction industry, to lift and move materials. Crane accidents are most frequently caused by:
- Crane collapse
- Failure to secure the crane
- Instability of crane
- Overloading of crane
- Overturned crane
- Materials dropping from the crane
- Contact of a crane or boom with charged power lines
- Failed rigging
Keeping Construction Sites Safe
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) relays that cranes are critical to modern construction and manufacturing and that their usage requires significant safety precautions – for both the operators of said cranes and for those who work in close proximity to the massive machines. Toward this end, construction workers and those who work in manufacturing (along with all workers) are entitled to all of the following rights:
- The right to work in conditions that don’t pose a serious risk of causing physical harm
- The right to receive the appropriate information and training regarding workplace hazards, methods of accident prevention, and those OSHA standards that apply to their specific category of work and workplace
- The right to review the company’s record of work-related injuries and illnesses
- The right to file a complaint with OSHA requesting a safety inspection if the employee perceives a serious risk or a lack of adherence to OSHA’s safety rules and regulations (while the complainant’s identity is kept confidential)
- The right to exercise one’s rights – including the right to file a complaint – without being retaliated against
Your employer owes you this important duty of care.
Your Ability to Recover under Workers’ Compensation Is Limited
While workers’ compensation may cover you for some of your losses if you’ve been injured in a crane accident, it’s very unlikely to compensate you for your full range of losses. Accepting a workers’ compensation settlement, it’s important to point out, relinquishes your right to pursue a legal case in pursuit of compensation that provides you with the resources necessary to reach your fullest recovery. Working closely with an experienced personal injury attorney is well-advised.
Work Closely with One of Our Dedicated NYC Construction Accident Attorneys
If you’ve been seriously injured in a crane accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, the intrepid construction accident attorneys at Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman in New York City are committed to aggressively pursuing compensation that fully covers your damages in their entirety. Your case is important to us, so please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 917-893-3514 for more information today.