America’s Parking Lot Scores High in Terms of Danger
There is a section of the Cross Bronx Expressway – often lovingly referred to as America’s Parking Lot – that Go Safe Labs has deemed one of the most dangerous roadways in the nation. If you’re at all familiar with this particular stretch of road – the part of I-95 that spans from the George Washington Bridge to what we call the Cross Bronx Expressway – you likely equate it with lots and lots of fender benders (on a good day), but unfortunately, there’s more to it than that. If another motorist leaves you injured on the Cross Bronx Expressway – or anywhere else in the NYC area – reach out to an experienced New York City car accident attorney for the professional legal counsel you need.
Crunching the Numbers
The Go Safe report shares the following dire statistics on several surprisingly dangerous areas of road (that we find ourselves traveling on so often):
- On the Cross Bronx Expressway at Sedgwick Avenue (east of Harlem River), there were 142 accidents in 2019, which makes it fifth in line for the most dangerous spot on our nation’s roads.
- Just across the Alexander Hamilton Bridge on I-95 at Harlem River Drive (west of Harlem River), however, there were 2018 accidents in 2019, which puts it in second place for the most dangerous driving spot.
- Across the George Washington Bridge on I-95 at Riverside Drive, there were a total of 132 accidents – leaving it with a rank of the seventh-most dangerous stretch of road in the nation.
All told, NYC manages to fill 3 of the top 10 driving danger zones in the United States. Finally, Go Safe’s investigations reveal that traffic accidents increased by nearly 7 percent overall – across the nation – in 2019 (as compared to 2018).
Your Car Accident Claim
If you’ve been injured by another motorist’s negligence, your claim will be unique to the circumstances involved, but the basics will align with the following:
- Another driver’s negligence caused you to be injured. Driver negligence can take many forms, but some of the biggies include impairment, exhaustion, distraction, and excess speed.
- You suffered damages that can include property damage to your vehicle, medical costs, lost earnings, and pain and suffering.
- You and your experienced NYC personal injury attorney will negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurance company for the compensation to which you are entitled and that you need to help you regain your health and well-being.
- If you and the insurance company come to an agreement, your claim will settle, but if the insurance company is not interested in negotiating in good faith, you and your dedicated car accident attorney will proceed to trial in pursuit of your rightful compensation.
Consult with an Experienced New York City Car Accident Attorney Today
If you’ve been injured by another driver’s negligence, the trusted car accident attorneys at Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman in NYC have the experience, legal skill, and insight to help ensure that your claim reaches a favorable resolution. To find out more about how we can help you, please don’t wait to contact or call us at 212-285-3300 today.