Queens Forklift Accident Lawyers
Forklift Accident Attorneys in Queens Helping Injured Workers Recover Compensation
Construction sites teem with motor vehicles, and some of the most dangerous are forklifts. These vehicles help workers move heavy materials around the construction site, but too often negligence and inadequate maintenance cause serious injuries at work.
If you have been injured in a forklift accident, you should meet with an attorney right away. Our lawyers have represented countless construction workers in lawsuits and insurance claims, and we can help you, as well. We pride ourselves on providing the best possible representation in Queens.
Some of the more common accidents include:
- Materials falling off a forklift and striking a worker
- Forklifts backing into or running over construction workers
- Workers falling off a forklift and injuring themselves when they hit the ground
- Defective forklifts failing to work as expected and injuring the driver
No two accidents are exactly alike, so workers should meet with a Queens forklift accident lawyer to review their case.
Why Forklift Accidents Occur
Both federal and state regulations limit who can operate a forklift. Operators must have adequate training so that they can operate the forklift safely. Unfortunately, training and enforcement are often lax, and even the best-trained employee can make mistakes.
Construction workers are under enormous stress to complete projects quickly. Any overrun costs developers money, so workers sometimes make critical errors that contribute to an accident.
At our firm, we have seen accidents happen because of:
- Inadequate training
- Improperly loading the lift
- Careless operation
- Operator distraction
- Driving too fast
- Inadequate maintenance, causing the forklift to malfunction
- Failure to inspect the forklift to identify flaws
These and many other errors contribute to forklift accidents at Queens job sites, and individual workers might be entitled to money.
We Can Help You Obtain Fair Compensation
Forklift accidents lead to a series of devastating injuries, including brain trauma, fractures, crushed limbs, back injuries, and paralysis. Many workers are completely unable to return to their jobs after a forklift accident, which dramatically reduces a family’s income.
Our team can help you with the following:
- Identifying the cause of the forklift accident
- Documenting the accident so that we can assign fault
- Reviewing accident reports
- Interviewing witnesses who saw the accident
- Filing a workers’ compensation claim for medical care and wage benefits
- Identifying any third parties who might have contributed to the incident
Our team has helped many Queens construction workers obtain compensation to cover medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The amount of compensation will depend on who is to blame since workers' compensation laws limit lawsuits against an employer.
Meet with a Queens Forklift Accident Lawyer Today
At Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman, our clients' wellbeing is the driving force behind everything that we do. We can spring into action to help with a workers' compensation claim, a lawsuit against a mechanic or manufacturer, or a legal claim against another subcontractor on-site.
Please reach out to us today. You can schedule a free consultation by calling 212-285-3300 or completing our online contact form.