New York Whiplash Lawyers
If You Have Sustained a Whiplash Injury, Call Our NYC Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Whiplash is often an extremely painful injury that is closely associated with rear-end car accidents – but any kind of car accident will do. Even what you might think of as a relatively minor car crash can lead to a serious case of whiplash. Whiplash is caused when the head is whipped back and forth on the neck with the impact of an accident, such as a car accident. Whiplash is not only painful but can also seriously limit your range of motion and seriously affect your ability to work and to carry on with your daily life. If another driver’s negligence leaves you with whiplash, consult with an experienced Brooklyn car accident attorney today.
Whiplash: The Symptoms
The Mayo Clinic reports that, while whiplash symptoms generally present within 24 hours of the accident that caused the injury, this isn’t always the case. The symptoms most closely associated with whiplash include:
- A stiff, painful neck
- Pain that increases with neck movement
- A decreased range of motion in the neck
- Extreme fatigue
- Headaches that often radiate out from the base of the skull
- Tenderness and/or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and/or arms
- Tingling and/or numbness in the arms
Some victims of whiplash experience additional symptoms that are less physical in nature – and more sensory or emotion-based – including difficulty sleeping, depression, anxiety, irritability, blurred vision, memory glitches, and/or ringing in the ears. If you experience any of these symptoms after being in a car accident, seek immediate medical attention. The sooner you're seen by a medical professional, the better chance you have of reaching a complete recovery.
Whiplash: The Associated Damages
Every case of whiplash is unique to the individual sufferer, but the damages associated with these painful injuries generally fall into one of three categories that include:
- Medical expenses – Emergency transportation and care at the scene of the accident, surgery and aftercare, treatment from doctors and specialists, physical therapy, prescription medications, adaptive physical devices, and more
- Lost Wages – Lost hours and wages on the job and potential damage to upward mobility at work
- Pain and Suffering – The emotional and physical pain and suffering brought on by a painful injury that is slow to heal
All told, the costs associated with whiplash can be extensive.
Protecting Your Case
Whiplash is a difficult injury, and obtaining adequate compensation can be complicated. There are, however, things you can do to help ensure you receive the compensation to which you are entitled:
- Carefully follow your doctor’s medical instructions
- Don’t accept a settlement offer before your experienced car accident attorney has gone over the matter with you
- Work closely with a skilled car accident lawyer whom you trust
If a Negligent Motorist Leaves You with Whiplash, Contact an Experienced Brooklyn Car Accident Attorney Today
Whiplash can be an especially bedeviling injury, but the dedicated car accident attorneys at Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman in Brooklyn have the compassion and commitment necessary to guide your case toward its most positive resolution. Our experienced legal team cares about your case, so please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 212-285-3300 to schedule a free consultation today.