Brooklyn MTA Accident Lawyers
Experienced MTA Accident Lawyers in Brooklyn Helping Victims Recover Compensation
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) provides New York City’s boroughs with local and express buses, subways, and commuter rail services (throughout the greater New York area). While these transportation systems help keep the city running more smoothly, dangerous MTA accidents are not uncommon. If you’ve been injured on a Brooklyn bus line or subway, consult with an experienced MTA accident attorney today.
Your Accident and the Insurance Company
If you’ve been injured while riding the Jamaica Line, the Franklin Avenue Line, or any subway or bus in the Brooklyn MTA system, recovering on the damages you incur is more complicated than most other personal injury cases. For instance:
- Your claim must be investigated and brought within 90 days of the accident. This is an especially truncated timeframe, and it is a matter of law.
- It’s best to file an incident report in support of your claim – as proof that the accident happened when, where, and how you claim it happened. It’s also important, however, to recognize that the MTA has deep pockets when it comes to fighting legal claims and that it behooves you not to provide it with an official statement until you’ve consulted with an experienced MTA accident attorney of your own.
MTA accidents happen, and they happen for any number of reasons, including:
- Driver/Operator Error – When your bus driver or subway operator is distracted, fatigued, inexperienced, or impaired, that driver/operator is that much more likely to cause a dangerous accident.
- Excessive Speeding – Bus drivers and subway operators must adhere to safety rules that include not traveling at speeds that are unsafe in relation to the condition of the road or tracks.
- Poorly Maintained Trains or Buses – Regardless of how safely the bus driver or subway operator navigates his or her vehicle if the machines aren’t well maintained or have manufacturing defects, it can lead to extremely serious accidents.
- Inadequate Security – Sometimes, MTA injuries are caused by assault, and inadequate security makes such crimes that much more prevalent.
The injuries caused by MTA accidents are often very serious, and your ability to fully recover likely hinges upon obtaining adequate compensation. An experienced Brooklyn MTA accident attorney can help.
If you’ve been hurt in an MTA accident, there are several important steps that you can take in support of your case, including:
- File an accident report with the MTA
- Seek immediate medical attention
- Snap photos on your phone at the scene of the accident (or ask an eyewitness to do so for you)
- Don’t provide an official statement to an MTA representative (until after you’ve consulted with an experienced MTA accident lawyer)
If You’ve Been Injured in an MTA Accident, Contact an Experienced Brooklyn MTA Accident Attorney Today
MTA accidents are often quite serious, and they require serious legal attention. Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman is among the city’s oldest personal injury firms, and we’re committed to helping injured clients like you obtain the compensation necessary to achieve your most complete recovery. We’re here to help, so please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 917-268-0344 to schedule a free consultation today.