Brooklyn Rear-End Accident Attorneys
Rear-End Accident Lawyers in Brooklyn Helping Victims Recover Compensation
Rear-end collisions are common, often seen in parking lots and alleyways. Although they typically unfold at low speeds, occupants can nevertheless suffer serious injuries requiring medical attention and possibly time at home to recover.
No one who suffers an injury should skip the important step of determining whether they have legal rights to compensation. Please contact a Brooklyn rear-end collision attorney at our law firm today.
Questions Regarding Rear-End Crashes
A rear-end collision involves two vehicles, one in front of the other. The trailing car slams into the car in front of it, causing a crash.
There are many questions that arise with rear-end collisions:
- Fault. There is a misconception that the trail car is always to blame. Actually, fault is analyzed depending on the actions both drivers took. However, it is usually the case that the trail car is to blame because its driver was distracted or following too closely.
- Comparative negligence. Both drivers could be partially to blame for the accident. For example, the lead car could have slammed on its brakes for no reason or cut in front of the other car, leading to a collision. Comparing each side’s negligence can matter for determining the amount of compensation either side can receive.
- Damages. A person can suffer certain financial and non-financial losses that deserve compensation. Damages can include the cost of fixing a vehicle, medical expenses, lost wages, and intangible losses like pain and suffering.
Let our Brooklyn rear-end collision attorneys carefully sift the evidence in your case. We offer a free consultation where you can learn more.
Rear-End Collision Injuries
Motorists can suffer some serious injuries in these accidents, even at low speeds:
- Whiplash. This is a classic injury associated with rear-end collisions. A motorist’s head can be flung violently forward before snapping back, stretching muscles and ligaments. Whiplash can require months of pain management, massage, and physical therapy.
- Cervical fracture. One of the vertebrae in the neck could crack, leading to pain and possibly impaired movement or sensation.
- Back injuries. A person could suffer a herniated disc, pulled muscle, cracked rib, or other injury in their back, leaving them in considerable pain. It might be difficult for someone with a back injury to stand or sit for any length of time.
- Concussions or other traumatic brain injury (TBI). The violent shaking can impair a person’s brain functioning.
- Facial injuries. A motorist could slam their face on the steering wheel or dashboard. Even airbags can lead to injuries if they deploy too late or too forcefully.
Any pain should immediately be investigated by a doctor. Some injuries, such as back injuries or TBIs, might take a few days to develop, so motorists are well-advised to constantly assess how they feel.
Call a Brooklyn Rear-End Accident Lawyer Today
Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman has handled many rear-end collisions and is well-positioned to obtain the compensation our clients need. To request more information, or to schedule a free consultation with a member of our team, contact us at 212-285-3300.