Bronx Truck Accident Lawyers
Truck Accident Lawyers in the Bronx Helping Truck Accident Victims Recover Compensation
While every traffic accident is dangerous and frightening, truck accidents are in a league of their own. The semi-trucks that roam our highways are many, many times larger and heavier than the vehicles we drive, and this size differential alone makes truck accidents extremely dangerous. If you’ve been injured in a truck accident that was caused by a trucker’s negligence, you need the professional legal counsel of an experienced Bronx truck accident attorney on your side.
Truck Accident Stats
You recognize that truck accidents are especially dangerous, but truck accident statistics bear this out. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports two important statistics that illustrate exactly how common and dangerous truck accidents can be:
- In the year from 2016 to 2017, fatal truck accidents increased by 10 percent – from 4,251 to 4,657.
- In that same year, the number of injury-causing truck accidents increased by 5 percent – from 102,000 to 107,000.
These numbers are obviously quite high. Truck accidents happen, and they are extremely dangerous and capable of causing serious injuries. Further, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reports that most truck accident fatalities are occupants of other vehicles and are not the truck drivers themselves.
While every truck accident is utterly unique to its own important set of circumstances, there are some basic types of damages that nearly universally apply, including:
- Medical Expenses – If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, the medical expenses can be immense and can range from emergency transportation and care to surgery and aftercare and beyond. A truck accident can affect your health into the future, and obtaining adequate compensation is critical to your ability to reach your fullest physical recovery.
- Lost Wages – A truck accident can keep you out of work for a significant amount of time, and you’ll likely face lost wages on the job. Further, a serious injury can leave you facing a diminished earning potential into the future, and it could even alter your career’s trajectory.
- Pain and Suffering – if your damages are serious and you need to bring a personal injury suit to obtain adequate compensation, your case can include your pain and suffering. The terror and pain associated with a truck accident – both physical and emotional – are not difficult to imagine, and this pain and suffering can upend your life in surprising ways. Obtaining the compensation to which you are entitled can help ensure that you have the resources you need to also contend with the emotional component of the damages you’ve suffered.
Consult with an Experienced Bronx Personal Injury Attorney if You’ve Been Injured in a Truck Accident
Truck accidents are among the deadliest accidents on our roads. If you’ve been so injured, the experienced personal injury attorneys at Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman – proudly serving the Bronx – are here to help. Our formidable legal team is on your side, so please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 917-268-0344 for more information today.