Bronx Premises Liability Attorneys
Premises Liability Lawyers in the Bronx Ready to Help You Recover
If you’ve been injured while the guest at a shop, a restaurant, another kind of business, or even at a private home, you may have a premises liability claim that can help you recover on your damages. When a property owner or business owner invites you onto his or her property, he or she has a duty of care to provide you with reasonably safe passage, and failing that, he or she may be found legally responsible for the damages you incur. If someone else’s negligence leaves you injured in an accident on their property, consult with an experienced Bronx personal injury lawyer.
The Burden of Proof
If you’ve been harmed on someone else’s property, you’ll need to be able to show that several circumstances are – in fact – true. These include:
- That the defendant owned – or managed – the property in question (he or she need not be present, however, at the time of the accident)
- That you were on the property in question legally – for example, you were shopping in a local grocery store or were eating at a neighborhood cafe
- That there was an unsafe condition that the property owner failed to adequately address
- That the unsafe condition caused you to be harmed
To bring a successful case, you’ll need to be able to prove your premises liability claim with a preponderance of the evidence, which amounts to it being more likely than not that the property owner in question was responsible for the injuries you sustained in the accident.
A premises liability claim can be predicated on nearly any kind of unsafe condition, but there are several types that are most closely associated with these claims, including:
- Entryways – When a business’s entryway is uneven, jagged, made slippery by inclement weather, or otherwise less than safe, it can lead to dangerous slip and fall accidents.
- Staircases – Falls from heights are among the most dangerous, and when a staircase is rickety; lopsided; made slippery by spills or inclement weather being dragged in; and/or has a torn, bunched, frayed, or otherwise worn floorcovering, it can lead to extremely dangerous falls that are not only from a height but that introduce the unyielding steps themselves into the falling process.
- Aisles and Walkways – The aisles and walkways we use in the stores and restaurants we frequent can lead to serious accidents when they aren’t well maintained. This maintenance refers not only to keeping the floor coverings in good condition but also keeping them free from slippery spills, debris, and other tripping hazards.
Call Us Today to Schedule a Free Case Evaluation with a Bronx Premises Liability Attorney
If you’ve been injured while doing business at a shop, restaurant, or any other kind of business establishment, the experienced personal injury attorneys at Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman – proudly serving the Bronx – have the skill, commitment, and experience to help guide your claims toward its most beneficial outcome. We’re on your side, so please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 212-285-3300 for more information today.