Bronx Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcycle Crash Attorneys in the Bronx Fighting for Victims’ Rights
If you ride, you know the inherent pleasure of taking to the open road on your bike. Further, motorcycles are an economical and convenient way to get around in city traffic – something we have no shortage of in the Bronx. The fact is, however, that motorcycle accidents are among the most dangerous accidents on our roadways. When you’re on your bike, after all, you have nothing but your helmet and any safety gear you choose to wear to protect you from the immense impact of an accident. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident that was caused by another motorist’s negligence, you need the professional legal counsel of an experienced Bronx personal injury attorney on your side.
Motorcycle Accidents: The Statistics
The Governors Highway Safety Association shares the following important statistics related to motorcycle accidents:
- In 2017, almost 5,000 motorcyclists were killed in traffic accidents.
- Motorcyclists are far more likely to be killed in traffic accidents than other motorists are (28 times more likely when calculated according to the number of miles driven).
- Motorcyclists accounted for a full 14 percent of all traffic fatalities in 2017, which is up from 1994’s 5.7 percent.
Motorcyclists, in other words, are extremely overrepresented in traffic accidents, and motorcycle accidents are often extremely dangerous.
If another driver leaves you injured in a motorcycle accident, the damages you suffer are likely to be immense. When you’re on your bike, you enter the flow of traffic with much larger, heavier, and better protected vehicles, which leaves you extremely vulnerable to serious injury. Your damages can include:
- Your Medical Costs – The medical costs associated with even a relatively minor motorcycle accident can include emergency transportation from the scene of the accident and emergency care; surgery, aftercare, and follow-up care; treatment and ongoing care from doctors, specialists, and therapists; prescription medications; adaptive physical devices; physical and occupational therapy; home health care, and much more.
- Your Lost Wages – A serious motorcycle accident can leave you out of work for a considerable amount of time, which can lead to lost wages, a diminished earning capacity into the future, and even an altered career trajectory.
- Pain and Suffering – in addition to the financial component of your damages, it’s important to assess the emotional element. The emotional pain and suffering associated with a terrifying motorcycle accident can be overwhelming – and emotionally crippling.
Call Us Today to Schedule a Free Case Evaluation with a Bronx Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle accidents are often especially dangerous, and if another driver leaves you injured in such an accident, the dedicated legal team at Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman – proudly serving the Bronx – is committed to building your strongest case to help you obtain the compensation to which you’re entitled. Your rights and your rightful compensation are far too important to take a wait-and-see approach, so please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 212-285-3300 for more information today.