Bronx Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers
Motor vehicles pose an especially dangerous threat, not only to those who travel in them but to pedestrians and bikers near them as well. Every year, around 100,000 car accidents happen in New York City, which breaks down to over 600 accidents per day.
The Bronx motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Lipsig Firm are ready to take your case if you or your family were injured in a motor vehicle accident. We know that the costs for injuries and healing from an accident are extensive, and we work hard so you can be compensated.
Common Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents aren’t limited to car accidents. Our firm has over 40 years of experience settling cases involving all types of motor vehicles.
- Boating accidents. Our expertise isn’t confined to the land; we’ve litigated boat accidents for clients, winning them millions of dollars.
- Mass transit accidents. In a huge city like New York, mass transit is essential, but it can also lead to huge complications and severe personal injury.
- Motorcycle accidents. New York City has a higher motorcycle fatality crash rate than the national average.
- Rideshare accidents: A quick ride from a stranger is a good way to get around, but that means putting your life in someone else’s hands.
- Truck accidents. Trucks that collide with smaller vehicles can incur huge damage to both life and property.
As a pedestrian or bicyclist, you might also be involved in an accident with a motor vehicle. These sorts of accidents often involve very serious injuries to the victims not in the vehicle.
Common Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents
A motor vehicle accident can happen at any time. The most common causes are:
- Inattentive driving
- Cell phone use, such as texting or calling
- Drug or alcohol use while operating a vehicle
- Reckless behavior on the road
- Ignoring road signs
- Going above the posted speed limit
- Inexperience driving
- Careless mistakes, like forgetting to signal
- Road rage
- Racing another vehicle
- Inclement weather, including snow or standing water, on the roads
If you are driving, always make sure you are paying attention to the road and the flow of traffic in front of you. Even if you take all necessary precautions, accidents can still happen.
Injuries Caused by Motor Vehicle Accidents
The severity of the injuries in motor vehicle accidents depends on the force of the crash and what types of vehicles were involved. These injuries may span the range, of:
- Crushing injuries, where a limb or body part is compressed between the vehicles or another object
- Penetrating injuries, most often caused by flying glass shards from broken windows
- Brain damage, like concussions
- Back injuries
- Whiplash from a sudden stop or crash
- Bruises, cuts, and abrasions
- Broken bones or fractures
- Internal injuries, like bleeding or ruptures
A Note on Whiplash
Whiplash is the most common motorized vehicle accident, particularly because it can be experienced even when driving well under the speed limit, including at speeds of 5 to 10 miles per hour. Whiplash often heals over time, but for several weeks it can be a painful experience, making daily life difficult. Some whiplash is so severe that it can leave permanent damage.
Emotional Trauma Caused by an Accident
Physical injuries aren’t the only thing that happens during an accident. Many times, the people involved in the crash will have some kind of emotional response, which could make life after the accident more challenging. This could appear as:
- Anxiety surrounding driving
- Anxiety surrounding riding in motor vehicles
- Fear of being near cars or on the street
- PTSD from the accident or injuries
Emotional trauma can be as debilitating as physical injuries, including making it difficult to return to work or affecting the way a person lives their daily life. The Bronx motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Lipsig Firm work to help you recover both physically and financially.
What Do I Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
After a motor vehicle accident, some people may be drastically injured, while others may seem unaffected. Some passengers or people may be unconscious and some may be able to walk by themselves. Regardless of how the exterior condition appears, if you have been involved in an accident, it is imperative that you go to a medical facility to get fully checked out. Internal injuries from car crashes are common, and if not discovered and treated, may lead to worse symptoms or death.
After you have received medical attention, contact the Bronx motor vehicle accident lawyers at The Lipsig Firm. We’re here to give you the support you need to navigate this difficult moment in your life.
Trusting Your Life to Someone Else’s Driving
When you take a taxi, Lyft, Uber, or other rideshare, you’re putting your trust into the hands of someone else. You’re counting on them to make smart, safe decisions at the moment. When they don’t live up to that, the Bronx motor vehicle accident lawyers at The Lipsig Firm will go against both the companies and individuals responsible for the accident.
Who’s at Fault?
Fault depends on who was involved and what happened during the accident. As stated above, rideshare drivers share part of the culpability for the accident, while the company might take on part of the responsibility as well.
Truck accidents are either covered by the individual driver’s insurance, or by the truck company they work for.
If you’re involved in a transit accident involving a bus, anyone from the conductor to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority to the city of New York could be held liable.
We have won our clients millions of dollars across hundreds of settlements, and we’re ready to work for you.
Contact the Bronx Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers at The Lipsig Firm
The lawyers at the Lipsig Firm are here to help you after your accident. We know that the time after an accident can be difficult to navigate. We make the process easier for you by thoroughly investigating your case to make sure the responsible parties are held liable. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motor vehicle accident in the Bronx, contact us online or call us at 212-285-3300. We’re here to answer any questions you may have about the legal process. With our experience and track record of bringing our clients thousands of dollars in settlements, The Bronx motor vehicle accident lawyers at The Lipsig Firm will work to help you move on from your accident.