Brooklyn Personal Injury Lawyers Fighting for Victims of Accidents
Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman P.C. attorneys have more than 80 years combined experience seeking justice and compensation for New York City area residents and have recovered more than $800 Million in compensation for injured victims. Our firm was founded by the legendary New York City personal injury attorney Harry A. Lipsig, known by New York Magazine as the “Samurai Lawyer – the toughest, most successful personal injury specialist in the country.” It is with this mindset and dedication that the Lipsig Law Firm has its foundation.
Our team of experienced personal injury attorneys honor his legacy every day through our:
- Unwavering Commitment – An unwavering commitment to advocating for those who have suffered injury or death because of another person’s negligence
- World-Class Results – We have recovered millions for injured accident victims and families to date. Some results are:
- Brooklyn: $43 Million Verdict for fall Victim. Lipsig partner Alan Shapey successfully concluded a jury trial and won a $43 million verdict for our client from a Brooklyn jury. Our client was severely hurt when he fell from the roof of a luxury apartment building in Williamsburg Brooklyn while attending a party.
- Brooklyn: $4,095,000 for the family of a 55-yr. old man who died as a result of the negligent care in a hospital.
- Brooklyn: $2,500,000 for a 41-yr. old man who fell from a scaffold and suffered head trauma and surgeries to his shoulder and elbow.
- Brooklyn: $2,300,000 for a 61-yr. old man that was involved in a multi-car accident and underwent neck and back surgeries.
- Brooklyn: $1,850,000 for a 31-yr. old construction worker who had surgeries to his neck, back and both knees when he fell 6ft from an unstable platform on a scaffold.
- Brooklyn: $1,050,000 for a 57-yr. old pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle when crossing the street and suffered a collapsed lung and fractures to his ribs, arm and leg requiring surgeries.
For decades, our firm has been recognized by leading legal publications & news organizations throughout the U.S. for our outstanding achievements, notable case verdicts and record-setting settlement amounts.
Verdicts and Settlements
FROM LUXURY APARTMENT
We enforce the personal injury law which protects injured accident victims
With an estimated 2.65 million people living in the borough of Brooklyn, not a day goes by without an incident or accident. Something as simple falling while climbing the stairs or slipping on an uneven, broken public sidewalk can change your life in an instant.
We can also become the victim of a car truck, mass-transit accident or bus accident through no fault of our own. Our law firm was proud to secure more than $800 million in compensation for people injured due to the negligence of others, achievements recognized by numerous awards and commendations.
The accomplished Brooklyn personal injury attorneys at Lipsig Law Firm are experienced and knowledgeable in all facets of personal injury law. We skillfully navigate the complexities of the law and aggressively advocate on behalf of our injured clients. When a public entity has failed in its responsibility to keep the public safe, we act quickly and forcefully.
What types of accidents are covered under personal injury law?
At the heart of all personal injury claims is the issue of negligence. A variety of accidents may result in personal injury, including but not limited to, any of the following:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Building Collapse
- Construction Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Catastrophic Injury
- Dog Bites
- DUI/DWI Accidents
- Escalator Accidents
- Elevator Accidents
- Forklift Accidents
- Falling Debris
- Hit & Run
- Ladder falls
- Medical Malpractice
- Negligent Security
- Public Transportation Accidents
- Property Fire
- Pool & Jacuzzi Accident
- Playground Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Rear-End Accident
Our attorneys bring a combined 80 years of proven trial experience to every client's case. Over the course of our careers, we've secured more than $800 million in compensation for people injured due to the negligence of others, achievements recognized by numerous awards and commendations.
Click Here To Learn More Construction Accidents
Click Here To Learn More Auto Accidents
Click Here To Learn More
Construction accidents in Brooklyn and New York City on the rise
With a compassion for those who have been injured in construction accidents such as scaffolding falls, ladder falls, forklift accidents, crane accidents, material falling, faulty or misused mechanical construction equipment and other serious accidents, we provide the skill and legal savvy you need, right here in your neighborhood.
In New York City, construction-related accidents and injuries are on the rise. In Brooklyn alone, the first ten months of 2018 witnessed 107 construction-related accidents, resulting in 115 injuries and one fatality. At the Lipsig Law Firm, we aggressively pursue justice and maximum compensation for injured victims and families.
We are dedicated to protecting your rights and your future
When someone has been injured in an accident, the days and weeks that follow can be overwhelming and stressful. In those hectic days, it is not unusual for an insurance company to reach out to the injured victim to offer a settlement or ask questions about the accident. This is a frequent tactic utilized by insurance companies to strengthen their case. Important tips when dealing with insurance companies after a serious accident:
- Do not mistake your insurance company’s motives. They are not your friends, your ally or your side. They will do whatever they can to offer you the lowest possible amount for your injuries. Do not be fooled. Answering questions or discussing details of your accident can result in this information being used against you.
- Do not accept settlement offers without first consulting with our aggressive Brooklyn accident injury attorneys.
The term “compensatory damages” refers to monetary compensation awarded to the injured victim. Compensatory damages may include measurable losses such as medical expenses, lost wages, lost vacation time, or the loss of earned sick time. Compensatory damages may also include other immeasurable losses, such as the victim’s pain and suffering, the value of which must be estimated.
Legal time limits for filing a personal injury claim in New York
Every state has a statute of limitations, the legal timeframe for filing lawsuits and other civil actions, which varies depending upon the state and the type of action. New York’s statute of limitations for personal injury claims is three years from the time the injury occurred. This is a significant deadline: claims must be filed in the courts prior to this time, or the case will not be heard. Furthermore, once the deadline has passed, the injured victim will no longer be able to obtain any compensatory damages for the injuries they sustained.
FAQs Regarding Personal Injury Claims
No personal injury claim is exactly like another. If you’ve been injured by someone else’s negligence, the facts of your claim will guide it on its own unique path. There are, however, basic components of personal injury law that apply to all cases. In fact, many people who bring personal injury claims have questions, and fortunately, we have the answers you seek.
What Kind of Damages Should My Personal Injury Claim Cover?
If you have been injured by someone else's negligence, you are entitled to compensation for your economic and non-economic losses. Personal injury victims often seek the following damages:
- Medical Expenses – if you’ve been seriously injured, you’re likely facing serious medical bills, including the cost of emergency care, surgery and aftercare, hospitalization, care from doctors and specialists, and much more. An important fact to remember is that your injuries are not static, and your initial medical costs may not be the end of the story. Serious injuries often beget secondary health conditions that can lead to the need for long-term treatment and care.
- Lost Wages – A serious injury can put you out of work for a significant amount of time. In fact, such an injury can even alter the course of your chosen career – or cause you to lose your career altogether. When your diminished earnings are projected out over your future, the financial loss can be immense.
- Pain and Suffering – A serious injury can be just as emotionally painful as it is physically painful. The pain and suffering associated with a serious accident that was caused by the negligence of someone else can be very difficult to overcome.
Can I Handle the Case Myself?
While it is perfectly legal for you to handle your personal injury case on your own, it is neither in your best interests nor in the best interests of your claim. There are simply far too many complicating factors that make working with an experienced New York City personal injury attorney the most efficient and effective option. These complications include:
- Insurance representatives are very good at tripping up vulnerable claimants like you (a dedicated personal injury lawyer will deal with the insurance company on your behalf).
- There are complex legal requirements involved that, when not followed precisely, can doom your case.
- There are complex legal negotiations involved that require nuanced knowledge of and facility with personal injury law.
You’ve been injured and should focus on regaining your health while you leave the complicated legal process ahead to a professional with extensive experience in the matter.
What If I Can’t Afford to Pay a Personal Injury Attorney?
Many personal injury claimants worry about being able to afford quality legal representation. The fact is, however, that reputable personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means that they don't get paid until you are compensated either via a settlement agreement with the insurance company involved or an amount awarded to you by the court.
Don’t settle for anything less than what you deserve for your injuries – Contact us today
When you experience an accident and sustain injuries, your priority should be your healthy recovery. Yet when faced with mounting medical expenses and lost wages from time away from work, you may shift your focus to obtaining whatever money you can from the insurance company as quickly as possible. During this time, it is important to understand that insurance companies are acting to protect their own interests, not yours. The knowledgeable personal injury attorneys at Lipsig Law in Brooklyn protect your rights and advocate on your behalf until we succeed in securing just compensation for the injuries you have sustained.
Our team works on a contingency basis, so that you don’t pay a dime until we win your case. Meet with one of our Brooklyn personal injury attorneys for a confidential consultation at no charge. We are available to evaluate your case, discuss available options, and address your concerns. Contact our Brooklyn office at 347-822-3937 or contact us online to schedule a free, confidential consultation. We have two very convenient locations to serve you at 40 Fulton Street, New York, NY 10038 (Main) and our Brooklyn Office at 823 56th St. 6th Floor Brooklyn, NY 11220.
Personal Injury Law Firm
With A Rich History
AND A LEGACY OF SUCCESS
Click Here To Learn More
"The King Of Torts"