Brooklyn Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Injured Riding Your Bike? Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Brooklyn Today
There are thousands of motorcycles in the city. Riding a motorcycle is a convenient method of traveling about the boroughs or traveling upstate for a weekend trip. Nevertheless, the state reports that there are around 1,558 hospitalizations every year from motorcycle accidents and roughly 141 deaths. Another 4,458 people visit the emergency room for treatment from a motorcycle crash.
If you’ve been involved in an accident, you probably want to know whether you can receive compensation. Fortunately, you can, but you should have a Brooklyn motorcycle accident lawyer help you with your claim.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents
A motorcycle accident can happen anywhere. Some of the more common accidents include:
- Left-hand turn collisions. A motorist waiting in an intersection to turn left might overlook a motorcycle traveling behind oncoming traffic. The motorist can pull directly into the biker.
- Rear-end crashes. A distracted motorist might forget to pump the brakes in time and slam into a biker waiting at a red light.
- Car door collisions. A passenger can open a door in a parked car, which a motorcyclist can ride straight into.
- Blindspot swipes. When passing on the highway, a motorist should check their blind spots. Some might overlook a motorcycle and crash into it.
- Defective road accidents. A motorcycle is more sensitive to hazardous road conditions. For example, a pothole could upset a motorcycle and throw people off the bike.
These are some of the more common accidents. However, a biker can be hurt anywhere, even pulling out of a parking lot. The key is whether a motorist or someone else is responsible for the collision.
Serious Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Some motorcycle accident injuries are relatively minor, but many are devastating. In addition to death, other life-changing injuries will require a lifetime of medical care. Common injuries include:
- Broken pelvis
- Road rash
- Biker’s arm
- Brain contusions
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord damage
Have someone call an ambulance so you can be taken to the hospital and treated immediately.
Identifying Who to Sue
Many motorcycle accidents are caused by motorists who are not operating their vehicle with enough care. For example, a driver could be texting or talking on the phone and not paying attention to what is happening around them. As a result, they drive straight into a motorcyclist.
Other motorists might be impaired by alcohol or prescription drugs, or they could fail to exercise proper surveillance of the road. When drivers are negligent, they are legally responsible for crashes.
If a dangerous road caused a collision, then the city could be responsible for failing to repair the road in a timely manner. Suing a government agency is very complicated, so meet with an attorney to review.
Call Us Today to Schedule a Free Case Evaluation with a Brooklyn Motorcycle Attorney
We understand how expensive it can be to treat motorcycle accident injuries. Many of our clients are also unavailable for work, which adds to economic anxiety.
Reach out today. Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman is one of the original injury firms in New York City, with hundreds of satisfied clients. We can fight for the compensation you need after a serious collision. You can schedule a free consultation by calling 917-268-0344 or completing this contact form.