New York Broken Bone Attorneys
Personal Injury Lawyers Helping Individuals Who Have Sustained Bone Fractures in Preventable Accidents
Broken bones are extremely painful injuries that can be slow to heal. Also known as bone fractures, these injuries are common to traffic accidents, slip and falls, and accidents on the job. A broken or fractured bone can lead to lengthy setbacks at work, and a broken bone that fails to heal properly can lead to chronic pain and even to permanent disability. If an accident on the job or someone else’s negligence leaves you with a broken or fractured bone, it’s time to consult with an experienced Brooklyn personal injury attorney.
Seek Immediate Medical Attention
If you’ve been in an accident and you think you may have broken or fractured a bone, seek immediate medical attention. The Mayo Clinic Health System shares pertinent information regarding broken and fractured bones:
- Obtaining treatment as quickly as possible helps ensure that the break will heal properly.
- Treatment depends upon the injury site and the severity of the injury, but complicated breaks and fractures often require surgery to realign the bone and to retain that alignment with plates, nails, wires, and/or screws.
- Broken bones are classified as open fractures (the bone pierces the skin), closed fractures (the skin is not broken), displaced fractures (the bone pieces on either side of the break aren’t aligned), comminuted fractures (the bone is broken into pieces), greenstick fractures (the bone is cracked but not completely broken – these injuries are common to children), and buckle fractures (one side of the bone compresses and causes the other side to buckle in the process).
The damages associated with a broken bone are often immense, for example:
- The associated medical expenses begin with emergency transportation and care and move on to surgery and aftercare, doctor and specialist care, physical therapy, prescription medications, adaptive physical devices, and more.
- A broken or fractured bone often leads to extensive losses on the job – you may be unable to work for an extended period of time, and the injury can even hinder your upward mobility.
- The pain and suffering associated with a broken bone can be one of the most difficult components of the injury. It bears repeating that broken bones are notoriously painful.
The physical, financial, and emotional damages associated with a broken or fractured bone are often extensive. As a result, victims should be sure to protect their rights by calling a lawyer as soon as possible.
If Someone Else’s Negligence Leaves You with a Broken Bone, an Experienced Brooklyn Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
Car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and accidents on the job are common causes of broken bones. If someone else’s negligence leaves you so injured (or if you’ve broken a bone in a work accident), the dedicated legal team at Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman in Brooklyn is committed to skillfully advocating for your rights and for your rightful compensation. Ours is one of the oldest personal injury firms in the city, and we take pride in skillfully representing fellow New Yorkers. We’re on your side, so please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 212-285-3300 to schedule a free consultation today.