En Español
Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman, P.C Logo

What to Do if You Suffer Injuries in a Car Accident in NYC But Don't Live Here

July 6, 2021
Suffer Injuries in a Car Accident

Motor vehicle accidents are unexpected, sudden events. They can occur just as easily while driving to and from work or while traveling for business or vacation out of state. While you might be familiar with the auto accident procedures in your home state, do you know what you should do when you get involved in a car accident in NYC, which isn’t your home state?

Vital Steps to Take in an NYC Car Accident

Broadly speaking, you should handle an NYC motor vehicle accident pretty much the same way you would handle one back at home. These steps, which could significantly influence your legal rights to pursue an injury claim later on, include:

Crucial Issues in NYC Car Accidents for People Who Don’t Live in NYC

Although most of the guidelines to protect yourself following an auto accident will apply regardless of where the accident took place, you should be aware of specific issues regarding out of state auto accidents, such as:

Talk to Our Experienced NYC Car Accident Lawyers Today

If you get into an accident and suffered injuries in a car accident in NYC, your best recourse is to contact an NYC car accident lawyer immediately. A local lawyer will know all about the state laws and procedures, something that a lawyer in your home state won’t. Let one of our NYC car accident lawyers at Lipsig, Shapey, Manus & Moverman P.C. handle all the legal stuff while you go home and recover from your injuries. Contact us online or call our office at 212-285-3300 to arrange a free consultation with one of our NYC accident lawyers and find out more about your case.